My Blog List

Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Look Into My Eating Habits

So in preparation toward my juicing 'fast', I've put together some observations into my eating habits. 

Years ago I went from eating to eat and started eating for the simple pleasure of putting food into my mouth.  I could be stuffed... but if that box still had some sesame chicken and rice left... I couldn't stop myself from finishing it off.  I could've saved the leftovers for the next day or tossed it, but instead I gorged.

A typical day for me starts with waking up, shower/getting dressed, and heading out the door.  Ideally, at home is when one should eat breakfast for several obvious reasons (cost, quality, etc).  I, on the other hand, take the easy route and go 'breakfast drive-thru'.  You might be thinking... Oh, so a No. 1 at Mickey D's right?

No.

My typical breakfast would constitute a No. 3 (Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit), with a hashbrown patty and a cup of soda PLUS a Sausage McGriddle.

As per: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf
That's a total of 1200 calories and 54 grams of fat.

------------------

This would usually hold me out until lunch time.  This is when I take a trip to Burger King.

2 DOUBLE hamburgers only ketchup, value fry, value soda, and a value chicken tender.
As per: http://www.bk.com/en/us/menu-nutrition/index.html
That's a total of 1270 calories and 58 grams of fat.

-----------------

So it's only lunch time and I've already raked in nearly 1500 calories and over 100 grams of fat.

----------------

There might be some snacking but I'll ignore that for the time being.  Now it's dinner time, what shall it be...

I do enjoy pizza.  A lot.  So I'll probably take down my favorite cheap frozen pizza from Kroger, the Thin and Crispy Sicilian 3-meat pizza.
That's 1500 calories and 60 grams of fat.

---------------


All in all, that typical day collected about 4000 calories, 172 grams of fat, and no telling how much sodium, LDL cholesterol, and simple carbs.

It is also worth noting the complete lack of healthy fiber, veggies, fruits, and well anything of any nutritional value.

It also cost me about $15-$20.


No comments:

Post a Comment